Director, Customer Success
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset, and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in helping businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating, and retaining world-class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting-edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos, and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2,000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft is currently seeking a talented Director of Customer Success to join our team. Reporting to the SVP, Global Customer Success & Support, this individual will be considered an Industry Expert on how to drive value with Customers and can bring best practices on Customer Success Management. Ideally, this Director will clearly articulate and demonstrate learning methodologies and best practices to Skillsoft’s customer base. The Director of Customer Success should possess strength in leading and managing diverse global teams. This individual will be a thought leader who can communicate effectively and work cross-functionally with leaders across the organization as well as effectively build a team culture comprised of collaboration, results and teamwork. This Director should possess the ability to demonstrate personal accountability and achievement and be influential and adept in driving accountability and high performance through goals to a team.
- Lead our Customer Success team, creating and executing a cohesive strategy including goals, performance, and key metrics to drive retention and expansion leveraging the Customer Success tenets of a CSM coverage model, Customer Lifecycle Management process, and tooling.
- Drive best practices and outcomes across customers that grow and promote adoption, customer health, renewal/expansion, and likelihood to recommend Skillsoft
- Foster cross functional collaboration and culture within the team and with internal partners Team with Migrations, Sales, Marketing, Support, Professional Services, and Product.
- Responsible for book of business: monthly reviews of renewal, expires and pro-active account analysis.
- Conduct regular QBR sessions with Sales to identify ways to renewal readiness.
- Assign accounts to the Customer Success Managers and balance account assignments as needed.
- Drive pro-active application of Account Health Records (AHR’s), review overall customer progress and leverage in strategic account planning calls.
- Collaborate and contribute to Customer Success Manager meetings by sharing best practices, success stories and innovative suggestions for continued process improvement, efficiency and consistency amongst the team.
- Maintain knowledge of Skillsoft’s content, services and platform offerings.
- Attainment and/or over achievement against defined business targets and quotas
Skills & Qualifications:
- Possesses 7+ years in Customer Success management, with experience and success as a coach and/or mentor having led a team of 10 or more CSMs.
- Ideal candidate possesses excellent knowledge in learning content, learning infrastructure and technology; also must be familiar with Customer Success organization team roles, processes and responsibilities.
- Shows expertise in demonstrating solution value to customers.
- Superior consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers (internal and external), including business leads, sales directors and executives.
- Superior facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, and listen and question effectively.
- Superior skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making that balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action.
- Superior self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.