The Coat Check’s overall responsibility is to maintain and secure the Coat Check area at all times. To provide excellent customer service to all guests, clients and fellow associates. To provide speedy and accurate service to our guests when handling their personal belongings and when assistance is needed. S/he must work closely with the management team in promoting the company’s culture, mission and philosophy.
1. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
2. Prior customer service experiences a plus.
3. Excellent organizational skills a must.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
5. Able to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Be aware of all information regarding the event you are working (Concierge has copies of Event Order)-Know the names of the clients.
2. Maintain clean and organized coatroom. Reset room after each event.
3. Place Coat Check Tabs on hangers in numerical order.
4. In cases of inclement weather be prepared to store umbrellas in waterproof receptacles.
5. Offer to keep any gifts, bags, luggage, and hats, etc. in coatroom (advise guests that envelopes are not be accepted at the Coat Check, inform guest that all envelope must be given to the guest(s) of honor).
6. Package all leftover programs, favors, yarmulkes, wedding cake topper, etc. FOOD ITEMS MUST BE LABELED.
7. Clean and maintain supplies in the bridal suite and the restroom within the bridal suite between events and at the end of the last event. Room must be left vacuumed ready for Houseperson.
8. Copying for Managers, if necessary.
9. Assist the Bridal Party in all matters of hospitality, when necessary.
10. Know the location and use of the telephone, steamer, hair dryer, lighting, and outlets (THE SAFE IS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE EVENT MANAGER).
11. Minor sewing repairs may be requested. Be prepared with sewing kit. If you cannot sew do not attempt to do so; instead offer sewing kit to necessary party.
12. The coat check attendant will not permit any associate beyond the coat check doors (with exception of Management).
13. Each waiter will check his/her coat, and are not permitted to help themselves to their belongings. The Coat Check Attendant will give out houseperson equipment or supplies.
14. Extra supplies (hair spay, lotion, powder, etc.) are kept under the Office Manager’s desk in Sales Office.
15. Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
16. Perform all reasonable requests by the management team.
17. Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
18. Follow proper time keeping policies and procedures.
19. Follow the sign in and out procedure for keys.
20. Know and follow all Abigail Kirsch/ Tappan Hill emergency and safety procedures.