JOB TITLE: Director of Human Resources
WORK GROUP: People Department
REPORTS TO: VP of People
LOCATION: Plano, TX
The Director of HR plays a critical role in achieving Velvet Taco’s annual and long-term growth plans. Reporting to the Vice President of People, the position will be primarily responsible for driving and executing the organization’s talent and workforce plans from analyzing the current status of talent to developing and delivering plans across the lifecycle of an employee to ensure the best talent is in place and engaged across all positions.
This newly created position must be a cultural leader for the brand and execute in a timely manner the talent, succession and retention goals as a building block for one of the hottest restaurant concepts in the industry. Velvet Taco was named one of Nation’s Restaurant News Hot Concepts in 2016 and is poised for aggressive growth in new and existing markets, we are seeking motivated and dedicated professionals to be industry leaders for Velvet Taco.
This newly created role will be included in leadership opportunities beyond traditional talent duties as the company begins an aggressive growth and expansion plan. Position responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the annual performance appraisal program, linking results to merit program
- Lead recruiting efforts for Velvet Taco in conjunction with the People Operations Manager
- Process Payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Execute employee relations from intake through resolution for all issued raised
- Ensures that all pay programs and practices provide for internal equity and competitive market positioning to provide optimal recruitment and retention outcomes
- Manage VT salary structure ensuring a sound grading methodology and balanced approach to position levels across the organization
- Evaluate current HRIS human resources, compensation and benefits systems and project manages the implementation of a new HRIS system (Payroll, Benefits, ATS, etc.)
- Maintain organization of staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, (management, business, human resources, psychology).
- 5+ years of talent experience in multi-unit retail, restaurant or hospitality.
- Demonstrated command of
- Excel and other analytical and reporting systems/tools
- Restaurant/Retail operations
- Enterprise reporting systems
- Payroll systems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to partner and manage cross functionally
- Self-starter and must be able to work autonomously
- Skilled in process and project management
- Location: Position located in Velvet Taco Restaurant Support Office in Plano, TX
- Travel Requirements: Travel as necessary to existing and future Velvet Taco markets