BOLD. CURIOUS. UNCONVENTIONAL. Sound like you? Good, keep reading.
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious Senior Manager, Finance & Accounting to join the Velvet Taco Restaurant Support Office (RSO) in Plano, TX. This role will serve as the cornerstone of the accounting department for the company. The selected candidate will drive key strategic initiatives and partner with department heads to develop analytics and data that drive performance. The ideal candidate must be able to create scalable processes, jump in and support key initiatives, and do whatever it takes to grow an extremely promising brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise all accounting functions for the brand and oversee the company’s outsourced accounting provider
· Prepare the financial statements working with the company’s outsourced accounting service provider to in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures and US GAAP
· Analyze and interpret financial results and partner with operations in an effort to drive strategic business decisions.
· In coordination with outsourced accounting provider, maintain balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
· Support the creation of the annual budget and drive the annual audit.
· Oversee preparation of timely and accurate sales & use tax returns.
· Mentors and works collaboratively with department heads regarding their departmental financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting.
· Ensure treasury management controls are in place and monitored to secure company assets.
· Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE WE'RE SEEKING:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Studies from an accredited university or business college is preferred.
· Prior experience within a high-growth brand is preferred
· A minimum of 5 years of practical accounting experience, preferably in the restaurant industry
· Excel proficiency required.
· Comfortable with multiple systems and interfaces. Experience with Toast POS, OLO, and Decision Logic is a plus
Velvet Taco is the temple to the liberated Taco. We are a one-of-a-kind concept that serves premium, made from scratch food created to satisfy all five senses.