BOLD. CURIOUS. UNCONVENTIONAL. Sound like you? Good, keep reading.
Wanna Work Amongst Taco Greatness by supporting our Kick Ass teams in the field?
Are you relentless in the pursuit of excellence? Maybe even a little rebellious (especially when it comes to food)? Do you believe the teamwork is the secret ingredient to achieve greatness? Do you want to be part of a TRIBE of people who stand together, operate with purpose and WIN? If you answered yes, Velvet Taco is the place for you. We are currently seeking a Manager of Development to join our growing team, see below to learn more:
The Manager of Development reports directly to the VP of Development & Construction. This role’s primary responsibility is to lead the development process for Velvet Taco development from Real Estate Committee approval to permit complete completion. Through continuous interactions and communications with business partners, both internal and external, the Development Manager will monitor progress against key milestones of the development schedule, provide direction in pivotal circumstances and reporting to the broader team. The must be a high energy, self-motivated Team Member who can work independently, and also function at both a strategic and hands-on level.
- Position responsibilities include the following:
- Works in support of the VP of Development/Construction to execute the Velvet Taco development goals
- Support the real estate pipeline and approval process with discovery and due diligence of potential sites
- Communicate new site approvals and key delivery dates to the broader team
- Effectively and actively communicates with internal teammates (Operations, Training, Culinary Finance, IT & Marketing) on key dates necessary to accomplish our development goals
- Leads and tracks design development by managing the architects, expeditors, engineers and other consultants
- Leads all external vendors in procurement of entitlements from governing jurisdictions
- Facilitates, tracks, and communicates deliverables for key 3rd party vendors to meet the schedule for every restaurant in development
- Responsible for all third party project approvals, including Landlord
- Coordinates with Landlords and Construction to ensure proper delivery of our premises with all required entitlements in place
- Coordinates with Finance and Construction to secure timely delivery of Tenant Allowance
- Helps facilitate, with Construction’s efforts, the turnover to Operations delivering a ready-to-train, state-of-the-art restaurant
- BA or BS in Architecture, Real Estate Finance, or related field required
- Must have 5+ years of multi-unit development experience
- Must have significant retail development experience. Restaurant development experience preferred
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to successfully communicate to architects, contractors, permitting jurisdictions, 3rd party vendors, etc...
- Ability to partner and manage cross functionally
- Self-starter and must be able to work autonomously
Travel Requirements: Flexibility with work hours necessary with up to 25% of travel, as needed