BOLD. CURIOUS. UNCONVENTIONAL. Sound like you? Good, keep reading.
Wanna Work Amongst Taco Greatness by supporting our Kick Ass teams in the field?
Are you relentless in the pursuit of excellence? Maybe even a little rebellious (especially when it comes to food)? Do you believe the teamwork is the secret ingredient to achieve greatness? Do you want to be part of a TRIBE of people who stand together, operate with purpose and WIN? If you answered yes, Velvet Taco is the place for you. We are currently seeking a Development & Construction Coordinator, see below to learn more:
The Development & Construction Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Development. The primary responsibilities of the role are to coordinate, manage and assist with the required necessary tasks to expeditiously develop New Restaurant Openings. The Coordinator will work with various external and internal business partners to secure licences, permits and utilities, playing a key role in our restaurant’s success. The Coordinator must be a high energy, self-motivated Team Member able to handle multiple projects at one time.
This newly created role will be be involved in activities beyond the traditional real estate and construction duties as the company begins an aggressive growth and expansion plan.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Secures all necessary licenses to conduct business in all jurisdictions including but not limited to, business licenses, health permits, and registrations as required for new restaurant operations
- Manages a network of attorneys to obtain liquor/beer, wine licenses for new restaurants
- Tracks and manages the renewal process for all operational licenses
- Identifies tenant responsibilities regarding new restaurant utilities and sets up new accounts accordingly
- Interfaces with vendors during all phases of development to ensure that Velvet Taco standards are being met for all new restaurant operations
- Reviews and processes purchase orders and invoices as well as pay applications, ensuring accurate cost coding
- Obtains certificates of insurance as needed
- Supports Construction Manager to gather close-out documentation for all projects, including lien releases
- Partners with Finance to track and secure Tenant Improvement Allowance receipt
- Performs miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed
- Must have 3+ years of coordinator experience in Real Estate, Development, Construction
- Restaurant industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic Team Player with a strong sense of initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact in a courteous, helpful and professional manner
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle miscellaneous administrative tasks
Travel Requirements: Flexibility with work hours necessary with up to minimal travel