JOB TITLE: Sr. Manager, Real Estate Department: Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Development & Construction LOCATION: Plano, TX
Velvet Taco has 20+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 15+ per year over the next 5 years. We are looking for a Senior Manager of Real Estate to join our Tribe and lead a broad range of development initiatives.
The Senior Manager of Real Estate, reporting directly to the VP of Development & Construction, must Be Relentless in their pursuit of development solutions. They must display a Stand Together mentality, working with the broader group to gather feedback and adjust accordingly. This position must move with a sense of urgency to improve the Velvet Taco’s position in development markets and the overall fast casual restaurant space.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborates with the VP of Development/Construction to execute the Velvet Taco development strategy and achieve company growth goals.
- Participates in overarching development strategy discussions, providing insight on regional development plans and potential targets.
- Provides a consistent and full development pipeline by working to identify sites, negotiating letters of intent, completing business pro-formas, understanding construction feasibility and communicating development timelines.
- Prepares thorough real estate packages of our development opportunities to the Executive Team and Development Committee.
- Leads the negotiation of leases, disputes, amendments, and extensions, with support from outside counsel.
- Communicates and fosters relationships with brand vendors/partners, landlords, developers and local permitting agencies.
- Identifies and analyzes development and zoning regulations related to proposed projects by outlining solutions, potential risks and the financial impact on projects and timelines.
- Communicates effectively and actively internally with Operations, Training, Culinary Finance, IT & Marketing on key business points to foster buy-in for development and company goals.
- Represents Velvet Taco, Inc. at development industry settings, meetings and events (zoning, ICSC, conventions)
- BA or BS in Business, Real Estate Finance, or related field required
- Must have 7+ years of real estate development experience in managing the full-cycle process of multi-unit development
- Experience in ground lease/ground up development is preferred
- Must have significant retail development experience within the restaurant/hospitality industries
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to successfully communicate to landlords, brokers, contractors, permitting jurisdictions, third party vendors, etc.
- Location: Position located in Velvet Taco Restaurant Support Office in Plano, TX
- Travel Requirements: Flexibility with work hours necessary with up to 50% of travel, as needed
Dallas – Fort Worth – Austin – Houston – San Antonio – Chicago – Atlanta – Charlotte
Velvet Taco is an Equal Opportunity Employer