JOB TITLE: People & Culture Manager WORK GROUP: People Department
REPORTS TO: VP of People LOCATION: TX, ATL or NC
Ready to be part of something big? Velvet Taco has 25+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 15+ per year over the next 5 years. Our People team is expanding, and we are seeking a People & Culture Manager to join our Tribe! The ideal person will have a passion for people, operational excellence, and overall, deliver an exceptional candidate experience.
This role will work closely with other members of the Restaurant Support Office and Field Operations. Primary responsibilities include full-cycle recruiting, on-boarding, and other HR responsibilities such as, executing employee relations and employee retention initiatives. The ideal candidate must be a true brand ambassador a resourceful and enthusiastic professional, with a strong sourcing and recruiting background, knowledge of current industry trends, and leadership experience.
If you thrive in an "all hands-on deck" and fast-paced environment, love new challenges and being challenged, we want to chat with you!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the full cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, creating offer letters, and administering background checks for all management positions.
- Handles all on-boarding and off-boarding duties including, administering new hire paperwork, conducting I-9 Verifications, and performing exit interviews.
- Partners and collaborates with the Director of Operations to support one of our fast-growing regions by identifying hiring needs and selecting top talent to meet the company’s long term growth plans.
- Identifies high-quality pool of internal and external candidates through utilizing various online job boards, networking, and referral program maximization.
- Coordinates travel for candidates during the interview process and for managers training out of state.
- Acts as an internal consultant, training and educating Hiring Managers on talent acquisition processes and modeling best practices.
- Manages Applicant Tracking System (Hirebridge) by maintaining daily workflow of candidates and posting new positions.
- Executes employee relations from intake through resolution for all issues raised.
- Demonstrates out-of-the-box thinking to develop new Talent Acquisition strategies to support long term growth plans and keep us cutting edge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, (human resources, communications, management, hospitality)
- Minimum 2+ years recruiting or equivalent experience in the Restaurant/Hospitality industry
- Expert knowledge in using Internet-based recruiting techniques, including social networking sites, hiring platforms, and online job boards is required
- Works well independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to partner and manage cross functionally
- Professionally handles time sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with articulate presentation and facilitation skill
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with and capable of working in a remote environment
- Location: This role can be located in TX, ATL, IL or NC.
- Travel Requirements: Travel 20% (as necessary to existing and future Velvet Taco locations)
Dallas – Fort Worth – Austin – Houston – San Antonio – Chicago – Atlanta – Charlotte
Velvet Taco is an Equal Opportunity Employer