JOB TITLE: Director of Information Technology
WORK GROUP: IT
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance & Accounting
LOCATION: Plano, TX
Velvet Taco has 20+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 15+ a year over the next 5 years. The Director of Information Technology plays a critical role in achieving Velvet Taco’s annual and long-term growth plans. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance & Accounting, the position will be primarily responsible for driving and implementing the organization’s computer and information system’s needs.
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for developing and executing a technology roadmap that supports the growth of the company in order to improve the infrastructure, systems and network for Velvet Taco. This individual manages all the IT and computers systems within the company with the understanding that as we grow, so do our technology needs. The Director of IT identifies future needs for the company as well has manages the day-to-day operations of IT with a team of two.
This newly created role will be included in leadership opportunities beyond traditional talent duties as the company begins an aggressive growth and expansion plan. Position responsibilities include the following:
- Analyzes the organizations computer needs and recommends upgrades to keep Velvet Taco cutting edge in the industry not only in hardware but also software and any restaurant centric computer systems. Continually seek ways to leverage technology to improve organizational efficiencies.
- Determines short and long term needs of the business to develop a department that can meet our growth plan
- Assesses the costs and benefits of new projects, monitors cost of existing systems, and works to constantly maximize the value of IT
- Manages and directs a Team of two (Manager of IT and Assistant Manager of IT) responsible for installing IT systems at New Restaurant Openings, supporting the field regarding system failures, setting up new hires with all technology needs (email, laptops, printers, etc.), etc.
- Develops and maintains the security policy for the company and stays up to date on IT security measures. Is involved in the investigation of any security breaches and the implementation of disaster recovery plans
- Ensures infrastructure hardware/software applications operate properly and meet the overall needs of Velvet Taco
- Ensures appropriate data access, reporting, and analysis capabilities
- Oversee all aspects of the corporate and restaurant network and infrastructure including design, security and implementation, ensuring date integrity and security
- Manage projects within reasonable timeframes and budgets
- Manage associated vendor relationships & compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required (computer science, engineering) or equivalent training
- 4+ years of proven experience as an IT director, manager or in a similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Experience with restaurant/retail operations is a plus
- Strong communication (tech-savvy & non-technical) and negotiation skills
- Ability to partner and manage cross functionally
- Self-starter and must be able to work autonomously
- Skilled in process and project management
- Location: Position located in Velvet Taco's Restaurant Support Office in Plano, TX
- Travel Requirements: Travel as necessary to existing and future Velvet Taco markets