Job Title: Manager Construction
Reports To: Manger Project Management Sr. – Project Management
Position Summary: Oversees planning, design and construction of a project from beginning to end. Controls time, cost and quality on capital projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the designers, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Lead the project safety initiatives and instill a culture of safety within the team
- A four-year bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering is desirable. A post graduate degree in construction management is an added advantage.
- B Sc. Engineering, B Tech or BE graduate (Mechanical)
Required Experience & Skills
- Min 15 years of experience in oil and gas construction, Min 5 years in Middle east
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of building systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential along with a thorough understanding of risk management.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality.
May require employee to rarely climb stairs or ladders if visiting a worksite to inspect / verify equipment and must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance.
Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, vendors, suppliers and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
Must be able to rarely lift at least #5 pounds
May require eventual work in outdoor conditions, including extreme heat, extreme cold, unairconditioned facility, snow, sandstorms, sun exposure, high elevation, tropic weather, etc.
May require work on loud environment
Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, steel-toed boots, as applicable.
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.