Job Title: Project Engineering Manager
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Position Summary: This position is accountable for Engineering Coordination and managing all Engineering Interfaces for execution of projects and active bids/proposals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project engineering workflow for assigned projects & proposals.
- Responsible for managing / Driving / tracking project hours, budget, delivery timing
- Define scope and requirements for the projects interfacing with site managers and to define resource allocation for completing engineering activities for the project (s)
- Responsible for customer facing metrics for the assigned projects – defining standard metrics we will use to track projects, have standard reporting format and standard reporting rhythm and delivering this message to clients consistently
- Responsible for EPN management – this means fully managing the engineering partner being utilized for the project, based on pre-defined EPN partners. Manage EPN in such a way to ensure that all engineering activities are within the allotted cost & schedule
- Sign off on cost, the deliverables requirements and schedule for assigned projects
- Maintain various log & registers i.e. Issue Log, Hold List, DCN Register, Comment Resolution Sheet Record, Concession Request Record, Technical Query Record
- Be the PM interface for change orders requests, and convey demands/requirements to site and discipline leaders with adequate justification
- Provide support in regards to any procurement related discussion between the site engineering team and site procurement
- Responsible for the interface with external vendors for engineering studies
- Responsible for client interface – communication of project status
- Timely engage construction, commissioning and operations teams during the design phase - especially for DBOOM Projects
- Be responsible to initiate & implement engineering execution strategy / plan as part of Project execution plan for the project
- Decide engineering outsourcing is required or not in consultation with engineering manager
- To facilitate on time Contract review (Technical requirements) with all disciplines
- To facilitate on time internal kick off meetings on projects
- To delegate work assignments to project engineer(s) in case of multiple projects
- To facilitate on time execution of engineering in line with engineering schedule & report to EM/PM
- To facilitate & support various studies related to engineering
- To monitor the engineering progress and report to project controls and direct/oversee EPN to take corrective action
- To interface with all stake holders internal as well as External as required
- To attend meetings with customer, EPN and procurement as required
- To attend meetings with vendors as and when required to expedite engineering deliverables
- Proactively anticipate the problems / Issues / Risks during execution of the project and mitigate before they occur
- To constantly Motivate the team / conduct team building meetings or exercises to remain focused
Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental)
- Other Engineering Discipline Team; Procurement Division; Expediting Team & Project Management Team
- To coordinate with Managers / Leads of other disciplines & maintain good interpersonal relationship
External Working Relations (External to Exterran)
- Maintain positive relationship with clients, engineering partners & vendors in Compliance of Company’s business code of ethics
- Participate in external / Internal project kick off meetings and Progress Review Meetings where required.
Preferred Education and Relevant Experience/Training:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Higher (Mechanical / Chemical Discipline).
- Minimum 15 years of work experience with a minimum of 10 years in similar position with EPC or Detail Engineering Organizations.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Various International Standards such as API,ASME,GOST,IEC, NEC
Working Conditions and Physical Strain
- Target / schedule driven projects and multi-tasking. Shall be able to work on tight schedules.
- Should coordinate & work with other global Exterran offices with different time zones.
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com