· Deliver Roles and Responsibilities as defined, be responsible for on time, on quality and on budget engineering deliverables. Reporting to Engineering Manager.
· Preparation, review and approval of Design and detail engineering, review of specifications, calculations, contract documents as applicable to Projects and Proposals.
· Ensuring deliverables with required engineering details that meet International Standards, Organization Standards and Customer Standards as applicable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Project Scope Review and finalization of the required deliverables for the project.
· Checking and Preparation of Project Deliverables.
· Preparation engineering philosophy and specification for the plant.
· Meeting with clients PM and Electrical counterpart.
· Electrical Project Planning & Scheduling.
· Responding to Technical Query/ Tender clarification
· Gather required input for design/ issue Technical query and Technical deviations
· Job planning for engineering and design deliverables, vendor document review.
· Interfaced with Process, Mechanical and Instrumentation disciplines directly. Checking with Lead Designer for interface with Civil, Structural and Piping disciplines
· Prepared / Reviewed Engineering deliverables (Specifications, Datasheet, MR, TBE, Load list, Calculations, System studies, SLDs, Schematics, Cable schedule
· Participate SAFOP/ Design review meeting
· Site Visits for Collection and Verification of Existing and New Facilities.
· Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical
· Associates Degree or Technical School Training in ME, EE, Computer Aided Design Technology or related field
Required Experience & Skills
· 15+Year of progressive experience as Electrical Engineer in Oil and Gas, refinery, power, desalination plants and petrochemical industry. Adept in Engineering, design, power system study using ETAP/ EDSA software, and planning, executing and spearheading projects in compliance to Quality standards.
· Adept engineering calculations such as short-circuit, Arc Flash, Motor starting, Cable sizing, Generator sizing, Substation equipment sizing
· Adept in Hazardous Area Classification, Selection of equipment, Temperature classification
· Adept in Protection relay grading and relay setting
· Adept in pre-commissioning, testing and commissioning of almost all electrical equipment used in Oil & Gas plant (onshore & offshore), refinery and power plant (CCGT and captive).
· Skilled at tracking breakdowns and rectifying electrical problems for the smooth running of operations using latest maintenance techniques. Possess excellent interpersonal skills with honed problem solving and analytical skills.
· Well conversant with IEEE, IEC, DEP, API-505, 540, NFPA, and BS codes. Presently pursuing graduate certification in renewable energy.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
Preferred Experience & Skills
· Adept in using ETAP, EDSA, SKM software for power system
· Implementing industrial safety, health and the environment
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Experience in related industry
· Working knowledge in compression, power generation, or offshore oil and gas.
· Familiar with Oracle & Wrench