Job Title: Manager Project Controls
Reports To: Project Management
Position Summary: The Planning Engineer will provide support to the Project Managers in development and maintenance of project planning and control activities, primarily managing the project schedule, contractor schedule integration, deliverables tracking, critical path analysis, development and maintenance of S-Curve progress reports and other project
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project & management estimates, reports & forecasts for costs & schedules on allocated projects including Monthly / Weekly reports.
2. Ensures the accuracy of earned value data on allocated projects
3. Actively participates in project review meetings & provide clear, accurate project assessments & give proactive advice to drive successful project completion.
4. Responsible for project control procedure compliance & standards on allocated projects.
5. Tracks, analyses, and reports cost/schedule information.
6. Assists project team in resolution of issues involving cost, schedule, & changes
7. Apply/follow effective changes management processes to ensure capital discipline.
8. Performs project cost risk analysis for developing project contingency budgets.
9. Ensure that relevant cost management procedures and reporting requirements are incorporated where appropriate on contractor’s scope of services.
10. Manage the receivables & payables balance on allocated projects, responsible for accuracy of invoices.
11. Prepares the final project cost/schedule reports & provides the data recovery for the company historical database.
12. Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area.
13. Managing overall financial budgeting.
14. Guiding the talent identification and development processes for a group or function.
15. Interacting with senior management for reporting.
16. Working with senior Management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning.
17. Communicating financial and goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports facilitating goal-level creation for the broader function.
18. Maintain project lessons learned register and facilitate lessons learned sessions with project teams
Required Education & Experience
· Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in project management for onshore oil and gas EPC. Minimum 5 years’ experience gained in the Middle East. Minimum of 5 years work experience in similar position with background in onshore oil and gas facility EPC including live installation is essential.
· B Sc. Engineering, B Tech or BE graduate (Mechanical)
Required Experience & Skills
· Advanced Microsoft Project and MS Excel skills
· Experience in developing and reporting schedule performance curves (S-Curves)
· Strong understanding of Cost and Schedule Performance reporting
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Experience reading, and understanding PFD, P&ID and GAs an asset
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
· Ability to anticipate and correct problems
EXTERRAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com