The primary function of the Menards Distribution Center Planning and Construction Project Manager is to manage both construction and material handling related projects. Secondary functions include building layout and design, material handling systems layout and design, facilities upgrades, ROI analysis for operational projects and developing project proposals for new projects.
- Site Development and Building Construction, including project management of new site construction and remodeling of existing facilities
- Layout and Design – including preparation of design plans and specifications for manufacturing and distribution warehouse buildings, material handling systems and utilities
- Prepare bill of materials and write up purchase orders for ordering materials for each project
- Assist in keeping construction jobsites and contractor’s work running smoothly with normal Distribution Center daily operations
- Take field measurements and grade elevations for construction projects
- Read and comprehend architectural and mechanical Auto CAD drawings for construction projects.
- Work with the CAD Designer Team to prepare architectural and mechanical Auto CAD drawings for construction projects.