This position involves specialized work in the preparation and development of truss designs. Truss Designers help Midwest Manufacturing stay competitive in the commercial and residential building and remodeling markets by identifying new building trends, then designing and implementing new structural and truss designs to stay on top of these continuously changing styles. There are opportunities to enhance skills and advance your career by moving into leadership positions within the Truss Design Departments.
- Define and implement structural and truss designs.
- Assist team members in resolving structural design problems that may arise on various building projects.
- Troubleshoot onsite expansion projects.
- Design the truss systems to work to the loads and codes of the area built in
- Optimize trusses for production
- Field contractor calls on questions on prints and construction concerns
- Finalize truss systems for production
- Design 2D and 3D layouts and provide prints on truss systems
Four year college degree in any of the following areas is required or equivalent experience:
- Architectural Structural Design
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering / Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Business Administration / Management
- Operations Management
- Passed MiTek University classes on line
Exceptional guest service skills
Strong project management skills
Able to manage multiple concurrent activities
Knowledge of MiTek software
2-3 years of experience designing trusses (preferred)