The Computer Support Technician Summer Intern is responsible for providing equipment repair assistance to the Menards’s stores and corporate departments; along with being an integral part of the Computer Hardware Support team. You will assist in troubleshooting, repairing, and preventative maintenance work on the technical equipment; while also gaining great experience.
This is a 12 week internship during the summer of 2022 and begins June 6, 2022!
- Configure and install hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives
- Repair and perform maintenance on company owned computers and peripherals
- Troubleshoot basic network related issues
- Enter commands and observe system functions to verify correct system operation
- Perform generic and basic tests on connectivity and application launches
- Recommend or perform remedial actions to correct problems and documents issues
- Unpack equipment and pack equipment for shipping
- Provide updates and completion information to manager and/or Team Members
- Prepare paperwork to document work in progress, completed work and other necessary tracking paperwork; submit paperwork on a timely basis to department management
- Routinely works aloft on ladders with hand tools and test sets
- Follow established company policies regarding safekeeping and security of equipment under repair