This position evaluates and implements speech therapy to patients with musculoskeletal injuries or to patients with other acute or chronic physical disabilities using speech therapy techniques to restore physical functioning and facilitate independence. The speech therapist may be involved in the prevention of disabilities reoccurrence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities *
The following information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Develops the plan of care in consultation with the attending physician and other care team members.
- Initial and ongoing assessments to identify the client’s level of functioning and ability to communicate, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points.
- Develop the plan of care in consultation with the physician and the IDT/IDG members.
- Establishes plan of treatment and goals based on the referral and evaluation of functional skills, developmental reflexes, muscle strength, tone and coordination, sensation tests, and other measures to ensure rapid patient recovery.
- Implements therapy according to the established plan, utilizing appropriate providers, equipment and techniques within the scope of Speech therapy.
- Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care, assesses patient progress and makes recommendations regarding discharge.
- Educates the patient and/or the caregiver about the findings of the evaluation, established goals of the occupational therapy program, plan of treatment, home programs, and other related information.
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited school of Speech Therapy.
- Must be a licensed Speech Therapist in the practicing state.
- Experience in home health is preferred
- Background check and Drug screen must be completed upon hire.
Harmony Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer