We are looking for a Principal Environmental Project Manager to perform high level project oversight and lead business development efforts.
Our selected candidate must have the ability to develop existing client relationships and secure new Oil & Gas (OG) and Industrial (IND) clients in the Puerto Rico market, as well as other islands in the Caribbean.
- Handling project management for high visibility / large scale projects, which includes: project definition, siting, assessment, permitting, data management, construction, and compliance support.
- Coordinating with Operations to assist with successful project progression, which includes: overseeing cost management / revenue & client satisfaction metrics, ensuring optimal resource utilization, and promoting the HSSE culture / stewarding safe work performance.
- Acting as primary contact for key clients by providing regular status updates, resolving project related challenges, and establishing a strong business relationship.
- Collaborating with Senior Leadership and applicable Sector Leads to regularly evaluate opportunities to pursue, as well as execute strategic plans to support revenue generation goals and objectives for the Puerto Rican market.
- Leading O&G and IND account development, sales, and delivery of GES’ consulting services for the Puerto Rican market.
- Developing strategy and action plan(s) that leverage GES’ assessment, remediation and compliance offerings, while successfully targeting the high priority service needs of key clients.
- Expanding existing client relationships by ensuring quality service on current projects, and focusing cross-selling efforts towards new high-potential opportunities.
- Generating leads through an established professional network, as well as by attending conferences and industry events.
- Managing capture efforts, which includes: utilizing technical expertise to develop proposals for O&G and IND projects, creating written content, developing pricing, co-conducting presentations, and finalizing contracting.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the sciences or engineering.
- Professional Geologist (PG), Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- Progressive experience performing business development and technical environmental consulting support within one of more of the following industries - O&G or IND. This experience must include:
- Implementing business development strategies, generating leads, creating proposals, conducting sales presentations, and meeting sales goals.
- Developing, implementing, and managing a wide variety of projects for industrial and/or petroleum clients ranging from site characterization through remedial action, including preparation of remedial investigation, feasibility study, and remedial design work plans and reports.
- Significant experience negotiating innovative strategies with regulators during assessment and remediation projects for utility and/or industrial properties intended for divestiture or reuse, including manufactured gas plants and/or chemical/manufacturing facilities.
- This position requires thorough knowledge of one or more of the following markets – O&G or IND – in Puerto Rico, established relationships with key decision makers in one or more of these industries, and a proven business development track record is highly preferred.
- Up to 25% travel as needed.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, presentation, and client service skills are required.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D