A valid Professional Geologist license is required.
This is an immediate hire opportunity, and we are looking to fill multiple openings!
This role can be Full time, Temporary (this assignment slated to last approximately 1.5-2 years) or “Part Time, As Needed” with a very flexible work schedule. Candidates that can work at least three consecutive days a week are preferred. A typical work day would be approximately 12 hour days.
Depending upon work schedule, selected candidates may have healthcare (medical / dental & 401(k)) participation eligibility.
- Observe the advancement and completion of HDD bores in Pennsylvania.
- Support HDD inadvertent returns (IRs) in relationship to wetlands, streams, etc.
- Support on-site open trench soils management, and various associated soils/wetland activities that may include supporting wetland scientist.
- Daily notification/communication with the project leads that includes the submittal of daily field records.
- Understand and observe geologic conditions of the pipeline area of disturbance.
- Periodic trips to nearest GES office as requested for training and update.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A current PG license for Pennsylvania is required for this position
- BS or higher in Geology or Engineering Geology required
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience
Proficiency in oral and written communications
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe PDF
Access to smartphone and laptop with the ability to transmit documents remotely as needed
- GES will provide a vehicle that may be a GES fleet vehicle or a rental vehicle for this work.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D