Our Wall Township, NJ office seeks a mid-level Geologist or Environmental Scientist.
This position typically consists of 30% fieldwork and 70% office work, and may include some overnight travel.
- Directly responsible for managing multiple complex projects at terminal, pipeline and refinery, retail petroleum and/or industrial facilities that may include remediation design, installation and operation, site and risk characterization, and regulatory negotiations and compliance:
- Oversees project budgets and invoice review and approval.
- Manages H&S goals and initiatives agreed upon annually with supervisor.
- Leads weekly project updates and meets with supervisor weekly.
- Develops remediation plans and specifications to determine the most appropriate environmental solutions.
- Prepares LSRP submittal drafts.
- Tracks mandatory and regulatory project-specific requirements.
- Develops detailed proposals and cost estimates on mid- size to larger projects.
- Self-performs or directs junior staff in the installation of soil borings, monitoring wells, remediation activities, waste management and disposal, and other field requirements using standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Complete Remedial Investigation, Remedial Action, groundwater monitoring and other technical reports, including generation of tables, figures and appendices.
- Prepares NJDEP forms, including individual Report forms, Case Inventory Documents (CIDs), Receptor Evaluations (RE), Pubic Notifications, Full Laboratory Data Deliverables, Vapor Concern and Immediate Environmental Concern, and Well Searches.
- Communicates with vendors, contractors, 3rd parties, clients and generates weekly project updates.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related discipline and 5 -10 years of related experience. Retail petroleum and/or industrial site experience required.
- Must have excellent technical writing, delegation, mentoring, negotiation, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Must also have excellent leadership skills, have the ability to interact with senior level client management, be resourceful, and possess a high degree of initiative.
- Must have OSHA 40 hr. Hazwoper and up to date on 8 hr. Refresher Training.
- Team Player, dynamic, eagerness to learn, motivated and highly responsive
- Well versed with SRRA and the LSRP program and willingness to review and ability to comprehend NJDEP regulations and guidance.
- Possession of TWIC card is preferred.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D