Senior or Principal Level Subject Matter Expert or Discipline Leader
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES), an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors and geographies, is seeking Senior or Principal level professionals to apply technical leadership and guidance in ONE (or more) of the following practice areas including:
· Environmental/Civil Engineering
· PFAS and Emerging Contaminant Consulting
· Site Remediation, including licensed professionals
· Vapor Intrusion, mitigation, and management
· Ecological services, including various mitigation credit offset programs
· Water resources planning & management
· Air Quality
· Sustainability/ESG consulting
· Acid mine reclamation and remediation
· Renewable and alternative energy site planning and permitting
· Climate change and carbon credits and offsets
· Brownfields services for developers and legal firms
· Environmental compliance services (e.g., Tier II reporting, TRI reporting, waste, stormwater)
Location: This role can be fully remote or hybrid - located anywhere within GES core geographies and service areas.
Revenue Target: Our selected candidate will maintain and grow existing or new client relationships with oil & gas, industrial & commercial or power & utility or other market sectors; expanding GES’ client base regionally / nationally. Year 1 revenue expectations for this role: >$250,000 to $500,000 in net revenue (consulting fees) in their selected practice areas or disciplines. 2nd year expectations of >$500,000 in booked net revenue.
· Applies industry knowledge to lead initiatives that support service line growth, program management, sales, and project execution.
· Mentors junior staff in your discipline or colleagues within your teams as knowledge leader to expand overall company knowledge base and organizational growth while servicing client needs
· Oversees technical practice group in their subject matter or discipline to ensure consistent quality technical delivery for projects in a diverse range of market sectors for their respective service line. These could be focused on renewables, oil and gas pipelines, electrical transmission lines, environmental surveys, NEPA analyses, compliance & permitting services, ESG services expansion, etc.
· May include project management for high visibility / large-scale projects, including project definition, assessment, permitting, data management, and compliance support.
· Will also assist with external candidate recruiting as needed for appropriate subject matter expertise and/or service line growth.
· Leads bid and proposal preparation for opportunities, working closely with GES' operational and technical leaders applying GES’ financial standards and operational processes to ensure highest quality GES submittals.
· Conducts sales presentations and informational seminars for potential clients, including participation in industry trade organizations, publication of thought leadership papers in technical publications and industry groups (i.e. ITRC, SURF, etc.)
· Generates leads and develops new business opportunities through networking of existing and prospect clientele and industry relationships
· Must work in a collaborative environment with other business development, sector, program, and operational leaders. Team Player mentality is essential.
· Willingness to travel as needed to support business needs.
· A Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred) in chosen field or discipline.
· A proven record of accomplishment with client development and revenue generation -– as well as have established industry and regulatory contacts.
· 15+ years of service line leadership experience.
· 5+ years of experience generating leads, creating proposals, conducting sales presentations, and meeting sales goals.
· Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills.
· Professional certification or license is a major plus. (PE, PG, CPG, PhD, LSRP, LEP, LSP, etc.).
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) requires that each candidate for employment must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) with a vaccine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as well as show proof of vaccination if hired. All GES job offers are contingent upon providing proof of vaccination by the first day of employment.