Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience using Java (2-8 years) and Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOAD)
- Knowledge of and experience using XML, XQuery, XSLT, and other web technologies-
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux (basic OS comprehension and basic shell scripting)
- Willing to travel occasionally within Continental United States (CONUS)
- Desire to work within the entire software engineering lifecycle
- A quick learner and adaptable to new technologies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) development, design, implementation experience
- Knowledge of and experience using design patterns
- Knowledge of and experience using OSGi
- Knowledge of and experience using Apache products, such as Camel, FUSE and Maven
- Knowledge of and experience working in and configuring virtualized environments such as ESXi, KVM, Zen or Docker
- Knowledge of and experience using web services, including REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of and experience using OMG Data Distribution Service (DDS), Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), Java Message Service (JMS)
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 0-5 years of professional experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)