Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communication project vision, scope and technical details with other technical team members
- Knowledge of and experience using C (7+ years)
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux (shell scripting and command line expertise), preferably Red Hat or derivatives
- Knowledge of and experience using message-oriented middleware
- Desire to work within the entire software engineering life cycle
- A quick learner and adaptable to new technologies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with AMQP, including broker configuration
- Experience working with Multipurpose Transportable Middleware (MTM)
- Knowledge of and experience working in and configuring virtualized/containerized environments such as ESXi, KVM, Xen, and Docker
Bachelors of Computer Science or similar degree
7-20 years of professional experience. Commensurate pay for years of experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)