Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, including configuration management, good coding practices, and experience in writing, testing, and deploying production-quality software.
- Software development experience using Java, C/C++, Python, and other languages in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux (basic OS comprehension and basic shell scripting), preferably Red Hat or derivatives
- Experience with open source software and custom software, as well as integration between software applications using middle tier integration and data-driven models.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices.
- Commitment to teamwork, good communication, and critical thinking required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, with 3-10 years’ relevant experience
- Ideal candidates will possess industry-recognized certifications such as RHCE, Security+, CISSP, Cisco, Java, etc.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)