Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work both independently and in a team
• Experience with Solidworks and other engineering tools
• Experience with ruggedized electronics packaging
• Knowledge of fabrication processes
• Experience with ASME Y14.100 drawing standards is highly desirable
• Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
• Familiarity with Navy environmental qualification test standards (MIL-S-901 and MIL-STD-167)
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Understanding of version control systems
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
• 3-8 years mechanical engineering experience
This position may require the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)