Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Candidates should have a breadth of experience in broadband RF and digital RF acquisition and transceiver systems.
• Experience with electronic circuit design, schematic analysis, embedded programming and debug.
• Systems engineering involves both detailed understanding of system concepts, architectures and implementations as well as the more formal aspects such as requirements specification and compliance testing.
• Candidate should have a working knowledge of RF receiver design and analysis, link budget cascade analysis, performance, specification, and testing of ADCs, FPGA sizing and processing, and embedded and commercial server software application development.
• Experience with single acquisition channel, multiple antenna direction finding and multiple antenna N-channel processing in high dynamic range environments is desired.
• Familiarity with lab design, setup, and testing of such systems is required.
• Background in MATLAB for system modeling and simulation, detection theory, communications theory, and digital signal processing is a plus.
• Program efforts involve next generation architecture development as well as system integration and deployment of existing technology based systems.
• Successful candidates will work directly with Electronic Warfare Chief Engineer, Program Management, and Business Area Director in defining, planning, and executing program work with a cross disciplinary team.
- BSEE required/MSEE desired
- 10 years' experience min.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)