- Configure various operating systems such as Win7, WIN10, and Linux CentOS to meet National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DAAPM, and DISA STIG Guidelines as well as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
- Develop documentation for authorization for new and existing systems in accordance with NISPOM, JSIG, or NIST; and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Participate in security assessments and audits.
- Utilize/maintain multiple security databases and sites including OBMS.
- Conduct vulnerability and compliance assessments against systems and networks to determine risk posture.
- Review electronic and manual audit logs and investigate any anomalies or security incidents.
- Assist in security investigations and incident response.
- Develop information security training materials and processes as well as train general and privileged users on computing security processes, policies and procedures.
- Remain informed of evolving security requirements.
- Coordinate with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) on system security compliance.
- Investigate violations and assist FSO in preparing reports for DSS
- Act as Data Transfer Agent as needed
- Prepare mobility documentation for classified systems
- Ship and Receive Classified Materials as needed
- Prepare materials for destruction as needed
- Thorough understanding of Chapter 8 of NISPOM and associated ISLs, NIST 800-53, and DAAPM.
- Experience with supporting the preparation of Certificate and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures.
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with complex stand-alone Information Systems
- Experience with certifying compliance of various systems (Windows and Linux).
- Experience with supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks).
- Experience with implementation of IA Policies and Procedures.
- Experience with auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Experience developing IS security plans, policy, and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication and time management skills
- DoD 8570 IAM Level I/II certification preferred, i.e. CISSP, CISM, Security +
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred; as well as prior ISSO and/or ISSM experience
***Active DoD Security Clearance required for this position***
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)