Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates should have effective leadership skills, technical acumen, an educational background and expertise (experience preferred) in embedded digital, signal processing and power systems design, development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in FPGA design, VHDL design and verification.
- Xilinx development environment, integrated and soft-core processors, schematic entry using OrCAD Capture, analog signal conditioning, data acquisition, and power regulators a plus.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to handling electronic system technical issues found in system integration labs, field environments and during production.
- Ability to steadily develop knowledge/expertise across the various tactical baselines and platforms.
- Reliable, motivated and able to lead mixed discipline engineering teams.
- Strong systems and electronics troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- B.S (or higher) degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Greater than 10 years of engineering experience required.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)