Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate is someone with a basic technical background (in order to understand the work) and an aptitude for adherence to policy / organization / basic math / experience estimating and/or managing a budget / understanding of or capability of learning Progeny business operations, etc.
- Proficient organizational, analysis, and time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to multi-task high priorities
- Proficient ability to solve problems
- Proficient interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor in interacting with a wide variety of people
- Effectively and efficiently works within time constraints and adjusts to changing circumstances
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Earned Value Management and scheduling tool experience required.
- Contact with internal Program Management, Finance, Contracts, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing
- Contact with external customers and vendors
- This position requires a strong working knowledge of Government Contracting, the Project/Program Control field, Earned Value Program Management tools, the ability to complete complex assignments on time in a fast paced environment, and the ability and willingness to learn new processes and tools.
- Must have strong analytic skills, possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management, Engineering or a related discipline and 3 years of related experience is required.
- Experience in U.S. Government Federal contracting and understanding of FAR, CAS, GAAP and other contracting and finance/accounting standards. Requires program control experience working with schedules, IMS, IMPs, WBSs, cost accounting, financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and reporting.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)