- Systems Engineering experience with US Navy or US Marine Corps weapons systems
- Familiarity with DoD standard practice for the identification of hazards and the assessment and mitigation of risk
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-883, Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH), and AOP-52
- Familiarity with the following types of analyses:
- System Requirements Hazard Analysis (SRHA)
- Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA)
- Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
· Familiar with hazardous materials and their risk management
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work as a team as well as independently
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a technical related field, or military experience (4 years or more) at E-7 or higher will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience with Risk Analysis, System Safety and combat system/engineering experience.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)