Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The SDRs and GPS receivers will initially be tested in a lab environment that simulates orbit operations. The SDR Software Engineer will also be responsible for implementing methods for SDR data acquisition to ensure successful testing, verification, and validation.
The successful candidate for this role will have significant previous experience designing, developing, and testing GPS systems, particularly on rapid time lines. We are looking for engineers that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, or a related field. Demonstrated ability in object-oriented software design and C/C++ software development. Demonstrated ability with Linux and open-source software tools for code development, testing, version control, and documentation
· At least five years of recent experience working with GPS Receivers and SDRs
· Proven knowledge and experience of GNSS measurement, statistical analysis, GNSS navigation algorithms, and AGNSS
· Proficient in software development using C/C++ and in scripts languages using MATLAB, Python, or Perl.
· Good understanding and experience and GNSS baseband processing algorithms.
· Specific experience with implementing GPS DSP algorithms in FPGAs is a plus:
o Experience with device drivers for communication between Linux user space applications and FPGAs
o Experience of FPGA design flows (Xilinx, Altera)
o Experience with SoC platforms such as the Zynq
o Working knowledge of interface protocols (AXI, OCP)
o Ability to create detailed testbenches for benchmarking and testing Proficiency in at least one hardware description language (Verilog, VHDL)
· Experience using lab equipment for testing and validation
· Experience working with multiple programming languages (C, C++), scripting languages (Python, Bash), operating systems, and development environments is a plus
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
· Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are important to have
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)