Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Understanding of agile DevOps processes.
• Understanding of virtualization technologies
• Must be willing to travel occasionally
• Ability to obtain DOD Security clearance
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience as a system integrator
• Familiarity with DoD Cybersecurity requirements
• Proficiency with scripting and automation, e.g. bash, PowerShell, python, and Ansible
• Experience with system resource profiling and source level debugging
• Proficiency with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
• Experience with Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Maven, Ant
• Experience with C41 Systems
- Current DoD clearance
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- AS or higher in a technical major. Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field preferred. Demonstrated history as an accomplished system integrator will be considered in lieu of education. Commensurate pay for years of experience.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
• General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
• Effectively communicate with others
• Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)