Progeny Systems Corporation is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. Progeny Systems is seeking a self-motivated, organized and dynamic Manufacturing Engineer to lead efforts in designing, implementing, coordinating and managing efficiency of production lines. Engineering support of ongoing and future engineering development efforts will also be provided, including but not limited to NPI (New Product Introduction), equipment/tooling development and implementation, and documentation creation and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be required to:
- Develop plans and designs for manufacturing processes and procedures used on the production floor.
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization.
- Specify equipment and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification and be familiar with a variety of workflow concepts, practices, and procedures.
A wide degree of creativity, innovation and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently or within a manufacturing working-level group setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, test methods and quality control standards.
- Provides daily leadership to production floor personnel.
- Liaison with lead product design engineers to implement required assembly and test processes.
- Can interpret engineering documentation and has good understanding of ASME Y14.5-2009 practices.
- Writes and maintains procedures to outline processes and product assembly documentation in accordance with the quality system and documentation policy.
- Designs and develops manufacturing equipment, tooling and fixtures as necessary to help improve production flow and throughput. Monitors special use tooling and equipment for wear and tear or damage that can impact functional performance.
- Applies statistical methods (SPC) to various manufacturing processes.
- Assesses process variations for workflow/procedure improvement. Will be required to analyze production and quality trends and produce the data along with several solutions to improving quality and throughput.
- Work closely with Production, Program and Engineering management, and customers to guide the manufacturing process for optimized cost and performance while meeting or exceeding quality requirements.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Background in electronics and integrated electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing.
- Versed in SPC, Lean, Kaizan, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), and Six Sigma methodology
- Strong problem analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Visio, Project, Word, Excel, Access)
- Must be willing to occasionally travel within North America
Engineering degree or 10 years Equivalent Experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.