Sunflower Bank, N.A. is seeking for a Small Business Administration Closer to join our team! The SBA Closer will support the day-to-day Loan Documentation, Closing and servicing activities of the bank’s SBA Department. This position will be responsible for the loan documentation on SBA transactions to include SBA term, revolving and construction debt – including SBA 504 loans. This position is responsible for the review, coordination, and execution of a loan closing transaction. This position ensures the loan documentation matches the loan approval and all documentation is fully executed to ensure appropriate perfection of liens prior to releasing funds to the borrower. This position services SBA borrowers for the lives of their loans. Prior experience required.
Sunflower Bank employees enjoy outstanding benefits, including competitive wages; a 401(k) plan with a 6% match; health/dental/vision insurance; tuition and fitness reimbursement; paid time off; paid holidays, and more.
People choose to “bank” with us, but for those we serve, we’re more than a bank. We strive to be the financial backbone of their lives and we know that starts with our team. If you qualify, apply online at www.sunflowerbank.com/careers.
You’ve never worked anyplace like Sunflower Bank!
• Ensures that all loans and funding documentation are in compliance with the SBA SOP
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of SBA 7(a), SBA Express, and SBA 504 loan programs
• Reviews loan approval documentation and generate a comprehensive due diligence needs list according to credit policy and SBA requirements
• Reviews and balances complex construction budgets to ensure compliance with approval and SBA construction guidelines
• Prepares electronic booking package to ensure accurate on-boarding to the system
• Engages bank approved attorneys to facilitate the documentation and loan closing throughout the transaction
• Timely follow up and management of incoming items from the borrower, RM, and attorney
• Review title policies, surveys, and related construction due diligence to ensure compliance with bank policies
• Handles complex closings to include construction loans
• Able to assess risk and make decisions based on experience and transaction detail Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Paralegal Studies or an equivalent of 4 years of professional experience specializing in SBA or commercial lending operations.
• SBA lending, documentation, closing and/or commercial lending related experience preferred.