Registered Nurses are encouraged to consider an outstanding career opportunity with Liberty Healthcare Corporation.
Liberty Healthcare provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout the United States. We serve people in their homes and communities as well as in hospitals and specialized treatment settings. We help people who have physical and mental illnesses get better. We serve people who have disabilities – ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible.
In collaboration with the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office, Liberty Healthcare operates a state-of-the-art 10-bed inpatient mental health unit within the Maguire Correctional Facility, located in Redwood City, CA.
As a Registered Nurse with Liberty Healthcare at the Maguire Correctional Facility, you will be responsible for providing direct nursing care to adult inmates who have acute or chronic mental illness.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing medical and psychiatric nursing care to patients
- Delivering a full range of nursing services – including conducting daily sick call; evaluating / triaging patient health complaints; examining patients; determining medical and psychiatric needs; interpreting, recording and reporting conditions of significance to the treatment team; and dispensing medications according to Physician orders
- Documenting patient encounters and changes in patient mental health status
- Actively participating in interdisciplinary treatment team planning meetings
- Collaborating with Psychiatrists, Psychologists, RNs, LCSWs, LMFTs and other ancillary clinicians and security staff
- Intervening in crisis situations when patients exhibit acute psychiatric symptoms
Registered Nurses at the Maguire Correctional Facility have the option to provide per diem services for the following schedules:
- AM Shift | 6:45am - 3:00pm
- PM Shift | 2:45pm - 11:00pm
- NOC Shift | 10:45pm - 7:00am
Moreover, this position will afford outstanding resume-building experience as well as an opportunity to significantly improve the health of individuals who are struggling with mental illness.