LCSWs and LMFTs are encouraged to consider an outstanding career opportunity with Liberty Healthcare.
Liberty Healthcare operates a specialized mental health program within the San Diego Central Jail.
This program exclusively serves jailed inmates who are mentally ill and deemed incompetent to stand trial. Liberty’s multidisciplinary team provides high quality and timely assessment and treatment to services to clients, with the goal of restoring them to competency as quickly and effectively as possible and preventing prolonged and unnecessary jail and hospital bed utilization.
This cutting-edge program is currently in place in several locations in southern California – and received a “Best Practices” award from the California State Council on Mentally Ill Offenders.
As an LCSW or LMFT with Liberty Healthcare, you will serve as a Clinical Therapist, fulfilling a vital role within our multidisciplinary treatment team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a small caseload with case management responsibilities
- Contributing to the development and management of individual treatment plans
- Delivering clinical treatment services both individually and in groups
- Providing psycho-legal education to patients
- Collaborating with Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurses and ancillary clinicians
This is a full-time position which will require you to work in-person weekdays during daytime hours at the San Diego Central Jail which is located in downtown San Diego.
As a full-time employee of Liberty Healthcare, you can expect a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package – click here for full details.