UDT is a technology enabler that helps clients in major industries evaluate, architect, provide, secure, and manage technology on the go, in the rack and in the cloud. For consideration please apply at: https://udtonline.com/careers
Exciting opportunity for a law student to join UDT’s Legal Team. When you join UDT’s internship program, you’ll acquire highly marketable skills and experience pertaining to corporate law. This is a great opportunity for motivated driven students who are eager to learn about legal contracts and compliance within the IT industry. This is a paid year-round internship based in Miramar, Florida.
The position will be responsible for the collection and maintenance of UDT’s Government contracts and Legal Affairs operations. The position will consult with internal teams for compliance, represent the company when dealing with external business partners, and support UDT’s Corporate Counsel on strategic legal projects.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a variety of technology agreements, including legal sections of bid responses, statements of work, nondisclosure agreements, and subcontractor service agreements.
- Maintaining the database of the government contracting vehicles and commercial contracts.
- Supporting the maintenance and prioritization of the legal affairs and response trackers while providing communications providing progress updates to internal and external clients.
- Responsible for Records Management of legal documentation in systems of record such as SharePoint and Salesforce.
- Collaborate with sales teams, and internal and external business partners on contract details. Develop and provide Government Contracts training as needed.
- Confirm contract terms are understood by employees regarding company contracts and disseminate information on changes and government regulations that may affect UDT’s contracts and/or reporting requirements.
- Monitor all contract deadlines and conditions to ensure timelines are met and all relevant payments or information requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure contract compliance: facilitate payments; request and provide certificates of insurance; and notify internal contacts of time sensitive contractual obligations.
- GSA Compliance and Internal Audit:
- Review new GSA deals and create GSA internal audit file for each deal. Work with sales team from quoting to delivery phases to ensure compliance with UDT’s GSA compliance policy.
- Conduct monthly internal audits of GSA deals to ensure records are in compliance and submit accurate monthly sales reports to GSA.
- Support the submission, tracking, and maintenance of UDT’s business and vendor registrations, Company certifications, and corporate governance documents.
- Support Corporate Counsel in reviewing bids, RFPs and procurement regulations, and compiling any required legal documentation for the sales teams.
- Support Corporate Counsel with strategic projects and initiatives, and additional department overflow work as necessary.