Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking for a full time Andrology Lab Technician to work out of our Warrenville clinic.
This position is an hourly, non-exempt position working 30 hours per week, 6:30 am-12:30 pm. Weekend rotations are mandatory (at least two-three weekend days per month Saturday or Sunday in River North).
In the role of Andrology Lab Technician, you will receive, analyze and prepare semen for intrauterine insemination. You will perform comprehensive semen analysis and viability assays. Further, you will prepare reports for physicians, media for various assays, freeze semen and prepare frozen/thawed semen.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follows all laboratory SOPS and OSHA guidelines including universal precautions for bloodborne pathogens.
- Follows proper handling and processing procedures for semen analysis (SA) and intrauterine insemination (IUI) according to WHO guidelines.
- Ensures labeling of vials and tubes with patient's identifying information related to chain of custody documentation.
- Ensures specimens are handled in a timely fashion.
- Prepares semen for intrauterine insemination.
- Prepares reports for laboratory results for physicians in accordance with procedures.
- Freezes and stores semen for IUI use.
- Processes cryopreserved donor and patient specimens.
- Ensures proper disposal of all biohazard wastes, including sharps/needles.
- Performs comprehensive semen analysis, including sperm count, motility, progression, morphology, and viability (if indicated).
- Maintains liquid nitrogen tanks.
- Performs all Quality Control procedures, maintenance of yearly CAP testing, maintains patient records.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required by the incumbent of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Physical or Biological Sciences, or a related field required.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois offers:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a trans-formative difference in people’s lives.
- Medical, dental, life, 401K with a company match, and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year.
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/Integramed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.