Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking for a Medical Biller in our Central Business Office located at 2555 Patriot Boulevard, Glenview IL 60026.
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Biller participates in and supports the overall functions of the Billing Services Division of the Central Business Office to ensure that physician charges are accurately entered into the billing system and claims are submitted to patients’ insurance plans in a timely manner. The Billers enter charges and move money. The Background Business Process (BBP) submits claims to the insurance companies automatically after hours. One of the Collectors (Patient Accounts) reviews the claim rejection report daily and tasks the Medical Biller who entered the charge to correct the error.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential functions of the job include:
- Monitors the receipt of charge documents to ensure that they are received from assigned medical offices and IVF centers in a timely manner, and logs the Charge Batches by Location, Service Date and Date Received.
- Advises reporting senior when Charge Batches are missing or delayed, so that follow-up action can be initiated with the responsible reporting manager.
- Reviews Charge Batches for diagnosis and procedural coding and makes changes to charge documents that are consistent with correct coding practices, as established by reporting senior in collaboration with FCI’s physicians.
- Returns inaccurate or incomplete encounter forms to medical offices for correction, when necessary and in significant conflict with established coding policies and procedures.Advises reporting senior of repetitive or significant errors in coding, so that follow-up action can be taken to advise submitting physicians and their office managers on correct coding practices.
- Inputs charges into the billing system from reviewed encounter forms and other charge documents.When charges are to be submitted as packaged services, follows policies and procedures established by reporting senior for the bundling of charges and entry of charges into the billing system using prescribed billing codes.
- Moves payments entered by the PSCs from the “Unapplied Credit” bucket to the charge(s) as charges are entered.Moves money enter by the PSCs from the “On Account” bucket to open patient balances.
- Logs the completed Charge Batches, scans the Batch into Laserfiche and file the Batch by Location and Service Date.
- Keeps reporting senior informed as to progress in charge entry processing activities.
- Participates in the implementation of procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed by the Billing Services team.
- Monitors the processing of assigned daily activities and keeps reporting senior advised on necessary adjustments to work flow, when indicated.
- May assist other team members in the performance of their duties, when requested by reporting senior.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with external healthcare industry policies and procedures, including government, insurance, and third-party-payer regulations.
- Complies with all IntegraMed and FCI policies and procedures, including attendance, dress, corporate compliance, and safety.
- Attends administrative meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Participates in special projects and studies as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and account status.
BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS: The following traits and characteristics support the achievement of superior customer service and employee excellence in the work place and, therefore, are elements on which the incumbent’s performance will be evaluated.
Excellence – Goes beyond customer expectations; participates in quality and process improvement efforts; maintains and expands current knowledge and skills; sets challenging goals; does quality work in an efficient manner; and keeps work environment safe, clean, and secure.
Integrity – Communicates openly and honestly; acts in a consistent and fair manner toward building trust and demonstrating ethical behaviors; maintains competencies and skills as appropriate; performs duties according to policies and procedures; identifies own learning needs; and creates/implements learning plans.
Respect – Treats other staff and patients with decency and dignity; meets and exceeds patients’ needs; follows and supports customer service guidelines; maintains confidential information; finds new ways of satisfying patients; participates in service improvement efforts; and listens and responds to other staff and patients.
Teamwork – Works in collaboration as a team player; communicates with others appropriately; listens respectfully and responds courteously to others; pitches in to help those in need; participates in task forces/committees; fosters a positive work environment; handles conflict situations effectively; and fosters and supports diversity in the work force.
Innovation – Creatively improves the service provided; adapts to change; changes plans and objectives given new direction or priorities; handles stressful situations effectively; and uses equipment and resources responsibly.
- Education/Experience – High school degree and a minimum of two or more years’ related experience in physician billing with particular emphasis in charge entry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and insurance billing policies and procedures.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, divide, and multiply all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve patient accounting problems based on the application of established policies and procedures.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, and/or tabular form.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois offers:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/Integramed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.