Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
The Insurance Benefits Verification Representative participates in and supports the overall functions of the Revenue Cycle Division of the Central Billing Office.
In accordance with departmental policies and procedures, the primary function of the position is to perform insurance and benefit verification, and payer authorization (precertification, referral, etc) to ensure that patient financial obligations are met prior to patient services.
This a full time, fully benefited position located at 2555 Patriot Boulevard, Glenview, IL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter authorization or precertification information into NextGen, Felix and ArtWorks in appropriate location.
- Extend expired authorizations when treatment has been delayed.
- Identify any need for peer-to-peer, letter of medical necessity or other documentation to obtain treatment precertification and notify provider immediately.
- Uses the insurance verification systems to contact the patient and their partner’s insurance to verify benefits, identify benefit maximums, and coordination of benefits.
- Enters information obtained through such contact into the patient and their partner’s Insurance Verification Form (IBV) Form in Felix prior to the patient’s first appointment.
- Advises FCI if it is determined that a patient’s benefits do not cover infertility treatment and that they will be in a Self-Pay status, if they wish to receive treatment. Also, inactivates the patient and their partner’s insurance in the billing system, if it is determined that they have no insurance benefits.
- Assists in the maintenance of the patient and their partner’s account by obtaining, accurately recording, and updating personal and financial information as required. When needed, coordinates the completion of a new FCI IBV Form for both the patient and their partner.
- Ensures all insurance requirements are met, secures payer authorizations with insurance for required services in an expeditious manner, and ensures that all documentation is entered according to division workflow to facilitate information sharing with all staff.
- Documents progress of requests and follow up in information systems until requirement is satisfied and treatment can be approved.
- Green light approved treatment cycles in a timely manner.
- Follows revenue cycle workflow utilizing Felix, NG, and AW daily and throughout the day to identify and prioritize work needing completion to insure reimbursement to FCI.
- Serves as insurance benefits resource to FC and medical office staff during treatment.
- Attends administrative meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining an excellent rapport and working relationship with patients, insurance company contacts, nursing staff, office staff, and CBO as needed; cooperating with other departments within the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and account status.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with external healthcare industry policies and procedures, including government, insurance, and third-party-payer regulations.
- Complies with all IntegraMed and FCI policies and procedures, including attendance, dress, corporate compliance, and safety.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum two (2) years of billing or collections experience and experience working with authorizations and verifications preferred.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois can offer you the following benefits:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.