Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are searching for a full time Clerical Assistant to support our Collections department to work out of our Glenview Central Business Office.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to the following:
- Copying, scanning, assembling patient medical records
- Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices; retrieving information from automated printer
- Uncover errors and/or fraudulent activities by investigating account documentation
- Maintain historical records by ensuring that documents are completed and filed according to policy and procedure
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Reviews explanation of ICD-10 codes online as needed
- Open and distribute daily mail for the department
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential
- Follow-up with insurance companies to confirm they were received
- Follow-up in 30 days for determination of appeal status based on submission of claims
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining and excellent rapport and cooperative working relationship with all other FCI staff
- Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Cooperate with office administration by assisting with any other necessary projects and assignments as may be required
- Processes Audits from insurance companies, which may require up to 5 years of service, and then charges carrier per FCI’s approved standard billing fees
- Reviews claims on hold status from Clearing House, when needed
- Special Projects on an as-need basis, such as:
- Provide coverage for the Front Desk as needed
- Collection review and updates in both systems
- Scanning, copying as needed by Collector
- High School graduate
- Experience in physician billing and collection environment preferred
- Experience working in medical insurance industry preferred
- Above average communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of office procedures and office machinery
- Effective problem solving and decision making abilities
- Solid computer skills are required
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a fast learner, detail oriented, willing to learn, takes initiative, has a passion for helping others and is eager to work and accomplish goals in a timely manner.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois can offer you the following benefits:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.