Sher Fertility Institute is seeking an experienced fertility nurse to join our busy Manhattan practice to provide patient-centric care by working within the inter-departmental Team concept.
- Coordinate IVF and IUI cycles for patients as directed by practice physicians.
- Responsible for ensuring all required labs and procedures are completed and documented
- Document accurately all patient care services in EMR.
- Triage of patient phone calls and other communications.
- Provide patient counseling and education
- Ensure quality and accuracy of materials provided to patients.
- Communicate physician orders and instructions to patients
- Communicate with patients regarding lab results with clear interpretation and explanation.
- Review patient charts for medical issues which may require evaluation before proceeding with IVF cycle.
- Communicate with all staff, clinical and administrative in order to provide high quality patient care.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Adhere to all processes, SOP’s state and federal regulations.
- Understand and provide cost effective care.
- Understand and use Incident Reporting application as necessary
- Complete all required training's as designated
- Maintain active licensees and current certifications as applicable.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
Additional Job Functions:
- Assist in OR/PACU
- Coordination of services with affiliate providers
- Participate in daily/weekly meetings for review of patients status
- Complete paperwork for billing
- Conduct medication/injection instructions in individual or group settings
- Cover weekend / holiday schedules as required
- Perform pre-op evaluations
- Interview and hire additional clinical staff as needed
- Review new/existing staff
Experience in women’s health and/or infertility preferred.
Use of computer systems
Position, Licensure and Certification Requirements:
Current RN for the state of employment without restriction.
Current CPR certification, or acquire within 1 month of employment
Passionate concern for our Purpose, Vision and Values
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.