THIS POSITION WILL BE RELOCATING TO OAKLAND, CA IN THE SUMMER OF 2020
Reproductive Science Center of the San Francisco Bay Area is seeking an experienced Financial Counselor (Full-time, 40 hours/week) to join our team in our Orinda office location (soon to be relocating to Oakland in 2020).
RSC is one of the pioneers of IVF, having the 2nd successful FET live birth in the United States. We maintain some of the highest success rates in the Bay Area and continue to be on the cutting edge of infertility research and technology.
This special candidate will have at least two years' billing, insurance, authorization, and collections experience in a health care setting. Candidate must be a reliable, detail-oriented person with excellent computer and communication skills. Strong customer service skills with a professional, personable and caring attitude are required.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow Financial Counselor Module for all new patients in your assigned case load.
· Acting as financial counselor for your physician for all patients as needed.
· Answer any patient or internal financial questions.
· Contact all new patients prior to appointment to introduce themselves as their financial coordinator, provide insurance verification information, provide financial information, and to confirm their new patient appointment as necessary.
· Preparing for appointments by contacting patients that owe a deposit and or a large past balance.
· Arranging financial meetings with all new patients (and applicable returning pts) to explain financial costs of treatment, insurance benefits, ATTAIN programs and financing options. Arranging financial meetings for any patient or staff member requesting to go over any financial/account questions
· Responding to patient calls and internal inquiries regarding all financial aspects of their treatment including, but not limited to, cycle fees, insurance information, statements, billing, financing, and ATTAIN questions
· Processing treatment authorization when needed -finding auth required appointments through schedule and/or ordered through the financial schedule
· Financial Schedule: Making contact with every patient who has a treatment plan ordered mailing/emailing financial packets and preparing all patient accounts for treatment cycles, including documentation in Felix and proper set-up of insurance plans. Acting as front desk back-up for site facilities when needed
· Coordinating patient application processing with financing options.
· Provide benefit verifications for your patients and on any other requests on an as needed basis. Understanding and conducting comprehensive account reviews to relay the most accurate information to patients
· Expeditiously solving problems for patients, including significant telephone contact
MUST HAVE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
· Insurance plans (HMOs, PPOs, etc)
· ICD-10 & CPT codes
· Insurance billing
· Verification of benefits, processing authorizations
· Patient financial education
· Significant telephone contact
· Previous experience with NextGen software a Plus!
· At least 2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting performing billing, collections and authorizations
· Excellent internal and external customer service
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
· Team player
· Experience with computerized scheduling, medical records and billing systems
· Spanish speaking a plus!
· Associates degree or equivalent years of experience a must. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
For more information about our practice please visit our website at www.rscbayarea.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.