Make a meaningful impact as a BOH Supervisor at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The BOH Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of our culinary team responsible for packaging a multitude of foods. Responsibilities include but are not limited to labeling and dating all packaged foods, ensuring the FIFO process is followed, assisting Sous Chefs with inventory management, maintaining Department of Health compliance, and prioritizing the needs of multiple kitchen departments.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook
- General computer skills
- General culinary and back of house experience
- Food Handler’s Certificate – NYC DOHM
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.