Make a meaningful impact as an Event Chef at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
This position is a part-time / freelance position. Event Chefs are responsible for the execution of menus at off-premise catered events. The Event Chef will act as the brand ambassador for Union Square Events and will present the food in a way that reflects our standards for excellence. Prior to leaving for the event, Event Chefs will report to the commissary kitchen to manage the pack out of items related to their event. When onsite, Event Chefs are responsible for communicating instructions to all Kitchen Assistants and coordinating with FOH Captains. They are also responsible for making sure the BOH area is clean and organized before leaving an event.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
This position requires heavy lifting and knowledge of food & workplace safety. Full training of the food, heating systems and locations will be provided.
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.