Union Square Events is seeking a
Purchasing and Compliance Administraor!
The Purchasing and Compliance Administrator is responsible for the receipt and scanning of invoices for the Venues of USE, as well as the oversight of the data and information entered into the system from the invoices. This role is also to provide support in placing orders with Vendors when needed, during weekend hours or coverage. Other responsibilities include oversight of the Receiving Team, assist receiving invoices and entering data for the P&C Administrator to USE Commissary, communication with the off-site Venue Managers to guarantee invoice delivery to the Commissary and accurate receipt of goods, maintaining relationships with the Vendor AP/AR teams to request updated invoices and payment confirmation, direct communication with the Culinary Department to ensure correct orders and receipt of goods, assistance in monthly inventory, and assisting in the creation and maintenance of departmental GOPs and best practices.
Oversees and executes daily purchasing and receiving related operations
- Responsible for receiving all food, beverage, and equipment invoices for Venues in the USE system
- Responsible for the scanning of Venues invoices and attachment to the corresponding POs in the USE system
- Oversees and maintains quality control for all receiving information entered into the USE system
- Completes daily order processing including creation of purchase orders, vendor ordering and invoice processing when necessary
- Assists in the inputting and submission of monthly inventory with assistance of receiving staff
- Help in the continued development of best practices/GOP’s with the assistance of the purchasing and operations team
- Review waste log maintained by receiving staff to control for waste and develop procedures to prevent future waste occurrences when necessary
- Ensure Receipt of Goods Invoice processing is accurately completed and submitted to the Accounting Office promptly
- Ensure all receiving practices are completed according to the highest standard
- Review invoices to ensure that all items are received accurately and weighed upon receipt and communicate directly with the Receiving Team to guarantee the accurate recording of information
- Make sure any vendor communications are followed up on with returns and requests for revised billing
- Build upon existing practices and training of systems procedures and communicate these practices with the purchasing team
- Discuss any vendor related issues with purchasing and culinary team and report any ongoing issues with direct reports
- Adhere to all USE procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
- Ensures that perishable product reaching the end of its shelf life is brought to attention of Sous chefs and direct reports and that any product that is spoiled or expired is removed from shelf and is logged in waste log
- Remain current and compliant with HR practices and policies
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
- Work with direct reports to ensure DOH and HACCP compliance as it pertains to the operation
- Continuously build a high performance team
- In conjunction with USE Management and HR Business Partner, hire and train according to USE standards for hospitality and excellence
- Completes and authorizes weekly payroll for all receiving team members with oversight of direct reports
- Provide continuous training and leadership to develop and grow team
- Ensure that all employees receive annual performance reviews
- Coordinate with HR Business Partner and USHG Training Coordinator to ensure managers complete USHG training programs
- Work with Assistant Purchasing Manager to establish and achieve individual performance goals for hourly staff
- Ensure that the culture of Union Square Events reflects the “5 Tenets of Hospitality” as stated in the USHG Handbook at all times, both on and off premise
- Appraise employee performance as a way to continuously address concerns, resolve problems, counsel or reward
Attention to Detail
Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective manner.
Functional Expertise and Usage
Acquiring and applying functional knowledge in an area of specialty that is not technical (for example, Sales, Finance, and Human Resources management).
Actively seeking opportunities to optimize financial costs and investments when making decisions that have a financial implication.
Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
Upholding generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors.
Creates a positive and energizing atmosphere through his/her words and actions.
Recognizes and can master his/her impact on others.
Enhances each interaction by understanding and responding to other’s needs and wants.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.