Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking experienced Line Cooks to join the team at Gramercy Tavern!
The ideal candidate will be friendly, devoted, curious, and have a strong passion for food. We are looking for individuals who are confident that they will become an integral member of a team that values hard work and brings detail and care to every part of their day.
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organized workstation
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
Skills and Requirements
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues