Union Square Events is seeking a
to join our team!
- Butchering, fabricating and portioning a wide range of meat and fish
- Knowledge/Execution of general cooking techniques: Grilling, Braising, Roasting, Sauteeing
- Maintaining Department of Health compliance
- Managing inventory of meat and fish and working with Sous Chefs to place orders based on production list provided by Sous Chef management team
- Ability to operate efficiently with attention to waste management and yield
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in high volume production kitchen
- Must have great attention to detail and consistency
- Experience working with a wide variety of proteins
- Excellent calculation skills for maintaining waste percentages and yields
- Food Handler's Certification (New York City Department of Health)
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.