Make a meaningful impact as a Sous Chef at Union Square Cafe!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are looking for a Sous Chef who uses their skill set for the betterment of the team that contributes to the perfect balance between “going out” and “coming home” that Union Square Cafe has strived for! Our kitchen depends on a team sport mentality for success, as each Sous Chef is asked to be at their personal best each day for the good of the team, and always look to lead their teams to excellence! Our sous chefs are always “Yes” in order to provide hospitality for our guests! We believe in promoting from within as our executive chefs and senior leaders grew and developed within this enlightened culture.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Facility Cleanliness and Food Safety Standards
- Product Knowledge
- Station Performance and Maintenance
- Knife Skills
- Family Meal Coordination and Integrity
- Executing the Chef’s vision through Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
- Ordering / Purchasing / Inventory
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- 1 year Sous Chef experience
- Heightened Culinary Intuition
- Emotional Self Awareness under pressure
- Effective Time Management to execute administrative duties
- Passion for motivating, educating, and empowering the team
- Ability to thrive in the context of Italian, Northern California, and French culinary points of view
Join Union Square Cafe and begin building your path for tomorrow’s growth, today!