Danny Meyer’s Union Square Events is seeking an Executive Chef!
Since opening Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has grown into an innovative family of food and hospitality businesses including fine dining restaurants, museum cafes, casual dining eateries, an executive training business and Union Square Events.
Established in 2005, Union Square Events has emerged as a culinary and operations leader within the hospitality industry. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, Union Square Events produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary development, training and execution within Union Square Events’ multiple businesses. This role is expected to develop a continuous cycle of creative, seasonal menus that accurately represent USE’s brand while meeting or exceeding our financial obligations. This person needs to continually develop culinary and pastry leaders who ensure best business practices that continuously grow and foster our clients, partners, guests and respective teams. Additionally, this person will collaborate with the Director of Operations and Culinary team on new business and business development.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Option to participate in Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Meet or exceed budget expectations through controlling of P&L items
- Increase productivity and foster positive inter-departmental communications
- Collaborate with the Business Development team and Culinary Operations team to develop, curate and implement new business strategies
- Continually enhance, refine and update our culinary programming to maintain our standing as an industry leader
- Strengthen the relationship between USE and our community
- Continuously build a high performance team
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
Proficient in POS System (Micros)
Strong Computer Skills ( Microsoft Office, Delphi, CaterXpert preferred)
10+ years of experience in off-site catering, pop-up restaurants, large-scale special events, small intimate gatherings, and fine dining restaurants.
Excellent working knowledge of many styles of cuisine and types of events
CPR/1st Aid Certified
NYC Food Handler’s Certificate
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen, including food and beverage areas.
Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching.
Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue.
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of Union Square Events.
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.